E-Commerce PPT: Types, Advantages and Future
The term “e-commerce” refers to the purchasing and selling of goods, products, and services over the internet. Electronic commerce or internet commerce are other terms for e-commerce. These services are delivered through the internet network. E-commerce also includes the exchange of money, funds, and data.
Computers, tablets, cellphones, and other smart devices are used to conduct the survey. Today, almost everything can be acquired via ecommerce. It can be used in place of physical storefronts, while some companies choose to keep both.
Types of E-commerce
The basis for this simple classification is the parties that are involved in the transactions. So here are the four basic electronic commerce models:
- Business to Business (B2B)
This is an example of a business-to-business transaction. Companies are doing business with one another here. The final consumer is not involved. So the online transactions only involve the manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers etc.
2. Consumer to Business
The company will sell its goods and/or services to the consumer directly here. Customers may look at products, see images, and read reviews on their websites. After that, they place their order, and the company ships the products to them directly.
3. Customer to Customer
Consumer to consumer refers to situations in which two or more people are in direct contact with one another. There is no company engaged. It enables people to sell their own belongings and assets directly to a buyer. Cars, bikes, electronics, and other such items are frequently traded.
4. Business to Consumer
This is the polar opposite of B2C; it is a consumer to business relationship. As a result, the customer gives the business a product or a service. Consider an IT freelancer who gives a corporation a demo and sells his product. This would be a business-to-business transaction.
Advantages of E-commerce
E-commerce allows vendors to reach a worldwide audience. They dismantle the geographical barrier (geography).
Electronic commerce will significantly reduce transaction costs by allowing vendors and buyers to meet in the virtual world without the constraints of location.
It eliminates a lot of the fixed expenditures of running a physical store. This permits the businesses to profit at a significantly higher rate.
It ensures that things are delivered quickly and with little effort on the side of the customer. Customer issues are also immediately addressed.
It also saves both customers and businesses time, energy, and effort.
Future of E-commerce
1. The E-commerce Experience Will Be More Than Just A Screen. Future experiences will be given through new touch points such as voice, wearables, and kiosks, in addition to traditional screen kinds.
2. E-commerce will become more personalized. While personalisation has been a term for decades, the next wave will be considerably better at anticipating demands.
3. There will be a lot more relevant content in the e-commerce experience. Consumers want brands that have values and can communicate those values to them in a personalized way.
4. E-commerce will evolve to provide better service and enhance the shopping experience. For a long time, the focus has been on offering lower-cost service (e.g., shifting to chat rooms, etc.).